Friday, August 31, 2007

Kyle's first day of 1st Grade


well Kyle did the morning routine he seemed fine didn't give me any 'real' problems so we go out wait for the bus and wait wait wait its been now about 20 minutes and no bus school starts in 15 mins so i drive him (2blks away) so get the boys in the car as we are pulling into the school he tells me that he is very nervous!!so I TRIED to reassure him he will be okay!well in the classroom he starts his Mom can you stay for a little bit so i tell him i can't i will see him when he gets home..than the pledge of alligance comes on so do that than try to leave and he starts again Mom can you pick me up for at lunch...Mom i don't want you to leave i told him i co uldn't stay said look your friends are here anthony Maththew, Sarah etc.. your going to have fun! still won't let me leave hanging on my leg now . His teacher tried to help and he would just put his face into me...so now he looks at me with those brown eyes of his and they have tears :cry: Mom please don't leave me :cry: well i REALLY REALLY tried (it has been at least 7mins i've been trying to leave felt horrible it felt like 1/2hr)i started tearing up!!his teacher said 'don't let him see you cry'i said 'i know I am TRYING TO BE STRONG!!" :cry: soo sad hate to see him cry breaking my heart..so one of the secretarys come in with another child and trys to get kyle to help her out and help this boy find his desk etc..kyle says "no he doesnt want to' so finally the sect. tells me to just go so i grab Aaron and walk FASTLY down the hall as i turn i see Kyle trying to run after me and the teachers are blocking him (there wer other teachers out in the hallway blocking him) :blush: so i was outside safetly out of eyesight and was talking to another Mom for about 15 mins come home and my phone is ringing :huh: yep its the school Kyle is still crying and wants to talk with me so i talk to him he wants to come home...ask him if he would like to get some ice cream after school is over? he said NO :faint: so now the principal is talking to him and the secterary gets back oin and said she will call...
well an hour past so i hadn't heard anything but figured i would call and he has stop crying and is walking around the school wtih the princpal :wacko: she said they are working there way to his classroom so she said call in another hour and see how he is.so I call about 11:30 and he is back in his class and dong fine!!! :thumbsup: :dance01: the sect. said she was surprised he was soo upset he is always so happy and very talkative (in preschool i was told that he is like the Mayor always talking to everyone)lol So since whoever brillant idea was to start on Friday and having Monday off I hope Tuesday is not as difficulty for him or me!!
okay thanks for listening to my VERY long rambling!!

4 comments:

Leah's Crafty Life said...

aww poor sweetheart. Sorry he had a rough go of it. Will be praying come Tuesday he's back to his Mayor-ish self. Big hugs girl!!

Stacey said...

Awwwwww. Rough day! Breaks my heart. Glad he finally did ok. How was today??

edith turk said...

yikes!! that story made ME cry too!! I totally agree about the whoever the genius is who started school on a Friday...I'd like to have a few words with them!

Amy Birch said...

I'm glad he's liking school better now!!! He's such a sweetie!!!